The Transnational Lab for Sustainable Peace (PAZSOS, its acronym in Spanish) is a non-partisan and non-denominational international solidarity organisation. Our mission is to encourage peace, defend Human Rights and address social inequalities and injustices, by supporting civil society organisations (CSO) through partnerships. We also seek to promote and defend the rights of vulnerable groups, no matter if vulnerabilities are linked to age, sexual orientation, or gender identity, ethnic or national origin, or to a disability.
- Organize “social development activities” that: (a) promote participation of individuals in initiatives directed to improve their living conditions; (b) support the defense and promotion of Human Rights; (c) encourage citizen participation in issues of collective interest; (d) advance gender equity; (e) support responsible use of natural resources; (f) aid educational, arts and culture, and scientific and technological activities; (g) offer support to develop and strengthen organisational capacities working on collective interest issues.
- Implement educational and training activities that develop professional tools that stimulate capacity building; transferable skill development; sharing experiences; as well as the development of a critical thought among individuals and organisations working in activities linked to PAZSOS’ objectives.
- Organize intercultural dialogues that: (a) recognize, stimulate and disseminate dialogue while respecting diversity; (b) support activities that uphold, valorise, protect and share cultural heritage.
- Perform environmental protection initiatives that: (a) promote environment protection among governments, private-sector actors, and other entities; (b) support preservation and restoration of the ecological balance, encouraging a transnational sustainable development (which involves community, regional, national, and international levels, as well as urban and rural milieus); (c) disseminate, among the population, a culture of preservation and restoration of ecological balance.
To support the production and diffusion of scientific and applied research directed to different audiences (including government officials, civil society organisations, international development agencies, etc.). It is key to reinforce intersectoral junctures in order to make sure that theory is used to improve practice, which in turn should incite theoretical fine-tuning. Consequently, the use of available resources can be maximized;
To encourage brainstorming and the exchange of creative and/or heterodox ideas to establish a context of innovation that promotes building less violent contexts. To obtain different results, taking risks at the conceptual and practical level is necessary. In a world full of diagnostic tools but short on concrete solutions and successful implementation, we need to be bold and think beyond established canons;
To create inter-institutional spaces of cooperation and articulation of a multi-sectoral interests. In line with the Agenda for Sustainable Development’s 17th objective which aims to establish inclusive partnerships based on common perspectives, PAZSOS knows that the key for sustainable peace lies in cooperation, not competition.
To design educational programs based on the development of citizens’ competences, aiming to make each member of the community an agent of change. Transformation begins at the micro level; each individual is responsible.
PAZSOS also works to improve policymaking and policy implementation.
MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
PAZSOS aims to produce innovative and alternative knowledge, as well as to develop and strengthen skills, through rigorous research and training activities. As an ultimate result, PAZSOS contributes to improve local, national, and international governance, helping to establish and consolidate sustainable peace.
PAZSOS is successful when:
- Our projects are conceptually and theoretically solid, and linked to real-life concrete situations;
- New ideas, methods, and strategies are used to reduce violence and increase sustainable peace;
- Government, the private sector, and CSOs collaborate on specific projects to achieve sustainable peace;
- Citizens develop and use competences and to improve of collective life in their community.
- States (municipal, provincial, and federal levels), in collaboration with other socio-political actors, create public participation policies aimed to enable citizens to become game-changers in favor of sustainable peace.
We work for sustainable change,
where human beings
Por un cambio sostenible,
en donde lo prioritario es el
Nous travaillons pour la mise
en place d’un changement durable,
où l’être humain est la priorité.